Daily News Reports

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Diya Mirza is the surprise element of Krazzy 4


Krazzy 4 seems to be an interesting film by a debutant director Jaideep Sen. The story is not just about these four crazy characters but it’s leading ladies Juhi Chawla and Diya Mirza, who play important roles in the film.

Diya who plays a journalist, has been paired opposite Arshad Warsi. “Yes I am playing journalist in the film. She is has a short tempered crazy boyfriend and believe me it’s not easy to have such a partner.”

So will any crazy shade to her character be seen in the movie? “No, in fact in this film I have a very serious character. It is a very serious relationship and unfortunately I am not funny in the film. It’s a small role but it has a beautiful story and I have a very substantial role.”

It is surprising that being part of the film, Diya is not featured in any of the promos. “It was planned accordingly. I wasn’t disclosed as they want me to be used as the last trump card in the film. Moreover some characters are intrinsic rather than the catalyst and the film will not be complete without my character.”

When asked if she is driving any of these four guys Krazzy,she quickly replies “No, my job is to treat them. Juhi is treating them medically and my way is different. I am playing a journalist. It’s a not the regular insensitive or slapstick comedy. Its characters are very real and situations are very identifiable and more than that there’s a social message in the film.” She concludes.

No comments: