Daily News Reports

Monday, April 28, 2008

Yaana is all happy!


She lives up to her name of being a livewire.


Its quite sometime now after she appeared in Dum, dressed as a village belle, hooting out her lethal and electric capabilities. But Yaana has lost none of her lightning charm.

She seems to be in a mood to reinvent herself. First came the change of name. Known till date as Yana Gupta, the hottie has dropped her lastname following her divorce from ex-husband, painter Satyakam Gupta, two years ago. And now, she has altered her firstname to Yaana. Alongside this, she is now all set to appear on television screens in a new avatar: Singer. "I have had some training in music. I had trained in it for two years as a child. I can play the flute as well as the guitar," she reveals. In fact, she has just finished an English album for UK-based artiste, Yoad Nevo. "I have written the lyrics and have sung the songs as well. The album will release in the UK soon and after that in India. Besides, I have also featured in UK-based Punjabi artiste, Dr Zeus’ album, Back Unda Da Influence, which was released recently, and is on air right now," says Yaana.

So, is it a hiatus from Bollywood and item numbers? "Well, the last one I did was for a Bengali movie. But, I am very open to both, item numbers as well as serious roles. Its just that I haven’t come across a good script in the last two- three years. As of now though, my topmost priority is my music. I want to compose and sing more songs of my own. Secondly, my book on fitness will be out at the year-end. Which means that Bollywood is not my prime concern as of now," she explains without even batting her eyelids.

But don’t be disheartened, all you Yaana fans out there. For she only promises more appearances, "In the next five years, you can expect a lot of music for sure. I would like to compose at least two more albums. And I will be performing all over the world as usual. And if there are any good roles, well...why not?"

No comments: